Hidden Refrigerators: Should you Add One to your Kitchen Remodel Design Plans?
Free Solo Stove with Bathroom Remodel
When it comes to kitchen remodeling, one of the big decisions you’ll have to make is whether or not to add a hidden refrigerator. There are pros and cons to this decision, and it really depends on your personal preference and needs.
Take a look at both the pros and the cons of hidden refrigerators to help you decide:
- Aesthetics– Let’s face it, hidden refrigerators just look nicer. They give your kitchen a sleek, modern look that can really elevate the space. If you’re going for a high-end, luxury kitchen, a hidden refrigerator is definitely the way to go.
- More usable space– When your fridge is hidden away, you free up valuable counter space in your kitchen. This is great if you have a small kitchen or if you entertain often and need all the prep space you can get.
- Easy to clean– Because hidden refrigerators are built into the cabinets, they’re much easier to keep clean than traditional fridges. All you have to do is wipe down the door and handle and you’re good to go!
- Cost– Hidden refrigerators tend to be more expensive than traditional ones. If cost is a major concern for you, a hidden fridge might not be the best option.
- Accessibility– Because they’re built into the cabinets, hidden refrigerators can be difficult to access, especially if you have limited mobility. If this is a concern for you, a traditional fridge might be a better option.
- Noise– Hidden refrigerators can sometimes be noisy because they’re enclosed in cabinets. If noise is a concern for you, you might want to stick with a traditional fridge.
If you’re still undecided on whether or not to add a hidden refrigerator to your kitchen remodel design plans, call Luxe Kitchen & Bath at 512-729-6773 and we’ll help you figure out what’s best for your space!